By John Playfair
This ebook is a duplicate of the unique ebook released in 1836 and will have a few imperfections reminiscent of marks or hand-written notes.
Read or Download The Element of Geometry PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
How does technological know-how paintings? Does it let us know what the realm is "really" like? What makes it assorted from alternative ways of realizing the universe? In idea and fact, Peter Godfrey-Smith addresses those questions by way of taking the reader on a grand journey of 1 hundred years of dialogue approximately technology. the result's a totally available creation to the most subject matters of the philosophy of technological know-how.
Der Band zeigt Christoph Martin Wielands eigenständige place in Literatur und Kultur um 1800 auf neue Weise: In doppelter Bezugnahme auf die aufklärerischen Wissensbestände einerseits, auf antike philosophische und ästhetische Traditionen andererseits beschreibt Wielands Werk einen bedeutenden Wissenstransfer zwischen Früher Neuzeit und Moderne.
The contribution of the Dutch craftsman and student Isaac Beeckman to early smooth clinical idea hasn't ever been thoroughly stated. strangely unfastened from the limitations of conventional typical philosophy, he built a view of the realm within which every thing, from the movement of the heavens to musical harmonies, is defined through lowering it to subject in movement.
This booklet bargains with modern epistemological questions, connecting academic Philosophy with the sector of technological know-how- and know-how experiences. it may be understood as a draft of a common concept of world-disclosure, that's in its center a contrast among different types of world-disclosure: test and exploration.
- Watching Vesuvius: A History of Science and Culture in Early Modern Italy
- Airports, Cities, and the Jet Age: US Airports Since 1945 (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- Collecting Evolution: The Galapagos Expedition that Vindicated Darwin
- Cassell's Book of Birds - Volume I
- Evening News: Optics, Astronomy, and Journalism in Early Modern Europe (Material Texts)
- Spaceflight in the Shuttle Era and Beyond: Redefining Humanity's Purpose in Space
Additional info for The Element of Geometry
The Element of Geometry by John Playfair