By S. P. Puri
By Stan Modrak,Adolph Caso
By Fr. George Grube
By Harold Bloom
By Scott W. Michael
By Mark Summerfield
Winner of the 2014 Jolt Award for "Best Book"
“Whether you're an skilled programmer or are beginning your occupation, Python in perform is stuffed with beneficial suggestion and instance that will help you enhance your craft by way of pondering difficulties from assorted views, introducing instruments, and detailing suggestions to create more desirable solutions.”
—Doug Hellmann, Senior Developer, DreamHost
If you’re an skilled Python programmer, Python in perform will assist you increase the standard, reliability, velocity, maintainability, and usefulness of all of your Python programs.
Mark Summerfield makes a speciality of 4 key topics: layout styles for coding attractiveness, swifter processing via concurrency and compiled Python (Cython), high-level networking, and pics. He identifies well-proven layout styles which are invaluable in Python, illuminates them with expert-quality code, and explains why a few object-oriented layout styles are inappropriate to Python. He additionally explodes a number of counterproductive myths approximately Python programming—showing, for instance, how Python can take complete benefit of multicore hardware.
All examples, together with 3 entire case experiences, were proven with Python 3.3 (and, the place attainable, Python 3.2 and 3.1) and crafted to keep up compatibility with destiny Python 3.x types. All code has been established on Linux, and so much code has additionally been proven on OS X and home windows. All code should be downloaded at www.qtrac.eu/pipbook.html.
- Leveraging Python’s top-rated creational, structural, and behavioral layout styles
- Supporting concurrency with Python’s multiprocessing, threading, and concurrent.futures modules
- Avoiding concurrency difficulties utilizing thread-safe queues and futures instead of fragile locks
- Simplifying networking with high-level modules, together with xmlrpclib and RPyC
- Accelerating Python code with Cython, C-based Python modules, profiling, and different recommendations
- Creating modern-looking GUI functions with Tkinter
- Leveraging today’s robust pics through the OpenGL API utilizing pyglet and PyOpenGL
By Liong-shin Hahn
- Pythagorean Triples through Geometry
- New proofs of Generalizations of the Theorems of Ptolemy and Simson
- Mind studying tips, Ladder Lotteries, Mazes, Lattice issues, Round
Robin Competitions, An basic mounted element Theorems and More
- Simple proofs of the stunning Theorems of decide and of Jung
- The Constructibility of a customary 17-gon
- Open difficulties on Egyptian Fractions and on Primes
Moreover, the reader is lightly inspired to take part actively via responding to a line of questions which are thoughtfully sprinkled in the course of the advancements of the expositions.
By Sergio Martin
By Bianca Leoni Capello
By Randy Mosher