By Jeffrey B. Graham
Each bankruptcy presents a ancient historical past, info the current prestige of data within the box, and defines the questions desiring awareness in destiny examine. completely referenced, containing greater than 1,000 citations, and good documented with figures and tables, Air-Breathing Fishes is entire in its assurance and may definitely have extensive allure. Researchers in vertebrate biology, paleontology, ichthyology, vertebrate evolution, traditional background, comparative body structure, anatomy and lots of different fields will locate anything new and interesting in Air-Breathing Fishes.
- Offers an entire review of a big and immensely attention-grabbing sector of research
- Provides a standpoint of air-breathing fish that spans three hundred million years of vertebrate evolution
- Contains a variety of illustrations in addition to complete charts
- Provides a synoptic remedy of the entire recognized air-breathing species with very important info on their morphological and physiological adaptations
Read or Download Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation PDF
Best marine biology books
The ever expanding curiosity in paintings in oceanography and marine biology and its relevance to worldwide environmental concerns creates a requirement for authoritative experiences summarizing the result of contemporary learn. Oceanography and Marine Biology: an Annual evaluate has catered for this call for on the grounds that its origin, by means of the past due Harold Barnes, greater than 35 years in the past.
Due to the eu Commission’s crisis for the prestige of continental waters, and as a transparent mirrored image of the proposal of water as background to be conserved, within the 12 months 2000 the Water Framework Directive (2000/60/CE) used to be enacted, its aim being to set up a framework to guard water and different aquatic ecosystems by means of requiring the Member States to accomplish a great ecological prestige in all their waters via 2015.
Ever-increasing curiosity in oceanography and marine biology and its relevance to worldwide environmental concerns creates a requirement for authoritative experiences summarizing the result of fresh examine. Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual evaluate has responded this call for considering its founding via the past due Harold Barnes greater than 40 years in the past.
The genuine Nature of Sharks is an entire scale exploration of untamed shark habit. Drawn from fifteen years of watching sharks underwater as animals and contributors, it unearths a brand new measurement of figuring out in their lives. This well timed ebook will make the mysterious international of sharks come alive for you. you'll find out how their complicated activities demonstrate that sharks are considering, instead of performing on intuition by myself.
- Biology and Ecology of Carp
- Aspects of Littorinid Biology: Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Littorinid Biology, held in Cork, Ireland, 7–13 September 1996 (Developments in Hydrobiology)
- Methods for the Study of Deep-Sea Sediments, Their Functioning and Biodiversity
- Floating Offshore Wind Farms (Green Energy and Technology)
- Fish Cognition and Behavior (Fish and Aquatic Resources)
- Regional Satellite Oceanography
Additional info for Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation
Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation by Jeffrey B. Graham