By Bernard Lightman
- Provides a single-volume assessment of present scholarship within the historical past of technological know-how edited by way of one of many top figures within the field
- Features 40 essays through top overseas students supplying an outline of the foremost debates and advancements within the heritage of science
- Reflects the shift in the direction of deeper old contextualization in the field
- Helps converse and combine views from the background of technology with different components of ancient inquiry
- Includes dialogue of non-Western subject matters that are built-in during the chapters
- Divided into 4 sections in response to key analytic different types that replicate new ways within the field
Read or Download A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
How does technology paintings? Does it let us know what the area is "really" like? What makes it diversified from alternative ways of realizing the universe? In conception and truth, Peter Godfrey-Smith addresses those questions by way of taking the reader on a grand journey of 1 hundred years of discussion approximately technological know-how. the result's a totally available advent to the most subject matters of the philosophy of technology.
Der Band zeigt Christoph Martin Wielands eigenständige place in Literatur und Kultur um 1800 auf neue Weise: In doppelter Bezugnahme auf die aufklärerischen Wissensbestände einerseits, auf antike philosophische und ästhetische Traditionen andererseits beschreibt Wielands Werk einen bedeutenden Wissenstransfer zwischen Früher Neuzeit und Moderne.
The contribution of the Dutch craftsman and student Isaac Beeckman to early glossy clinical proposal hasn't ever been appropriately said. strangely loose from the limitations of conventional traditional philosophy, he built a view of the area during which every thing, from the movement of the heavens to musical harmonies, is defined by way of decreasing it to subject in movement.
This ebook offers with modern epistemological questions, connecting academic Philosophy with the sphere of technology- and know-how reports. it may be understood as a draft of a normal conception of world-disclosure, that's in its center a contrast among kinds of world-disclosure: test and exploration.
- Drawing Out Leviathan: Dinosaurs and the Science Wars (Life of the Past)
- The Cambridge Companion to Einstein (Cambridge Companions to Philosophy)
- Why the Science and Religion Dialogue Matters: Voices from the International Society for Science and Religion
- Time Telling through the Ages
Extra resources for A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Bernard Lightman